There are a lot of interesting facts in graphic design to talk about. Anyone who wants to become a professional graphic designer should know about these things. This is because that he has to use various styles and approaches in the graphic design. However, this article will be helpful for exploring such truths about the graphic design in clear. Moreover, some online platforms like Skillshare are offering the online classes for the users to give the help. So, you can go right here to update your knowledge in graphic designing.
Introduction to typography
Graphic design is like an ocean and the designer needs to improve their skills from updating their knowledge with the basic elements. One of the fundamental aspects of graphic design is typography and every graphic designer should have knowledge about it clearly.
In general, typography is an art or technique of arranging type. The typography is everywhere we look. Yes, it is in the websites we see and books we read in our daily life. To put it in simple words, typography is a style of text. The graphic designers always give their importance to such typography, because they can convey the feeling and help to keep the people reading. Moreover, there are some elements that need to be concentrated for making the best typography.
- Consistency – It is an undeniable fact that formatting the text is essential for giving the neat look. Just like that, the consistency can make the work look so profession and keep your readers to be focused on the content.
- Hierarchy – Mentioning all the essential things on the book or magazine is relatively important to give the readers convenience. Whenever taking the book, the readers may want to know the title of the book, readers and contents of the chapter. So, these things should be properly mentioned.
- Alignment – It helps to keep the structured look of the document or anything you design. As a graphic designer, you should give more importance to it.
So, if you are a novice graphic designer and want to improve your skills in typography, you should follow some rules and they are given below.
- Learn the basics
- Take note of the font communication
- Understand what is kerning
- Limit your fonts
- Practice the perfect alignment
- Bring the visual hierarchy into play
- Work with the grids
Along with these things, you should also improve your skill in graphic designing through the Skillshare classes. So, you can go right here to explore more details.